Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Chicken Caccitore with Noodles and Green Beans
We had Chicken Caccitore, Noodles and Green Beans.
The Chicken caccitore recipe is based on this one from Campbell's Kitchen.
* 1 tbsp. oil
* 3 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, cubed
* 2 tbsp. oregano
* 3 lb. jar Spaghetti Sauce
1. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Brown chicken with oregano.
2. After chicken is browned, add sauce and bring to a boil. Turn to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
* 1 lb. egg noodles
* 26 oz. chicken broth
* Extra water for noodles
1. Pour chicken broth and water in pot. Bring to a boil.
2. Add noodles and cook to desired texture.
Serve chicken mixture over noodles. We had green beans on the side.